1. What information do we collect about you?
We collect and process information from your device in several ways, including:
- After you give us your consent to track your location, we will track your location and movement, including latitude, longitude, time and speed of the trip;
- The collection of location data occurs only while the MOBI mobile application is in the foreground (unless it is explicitly stated otherwise by the MOBI mobile application) or if the user grants access to the location services of his device;
- We collect your preferences, including favorite routes, saved locations and other personal personalizations. We also automatically collect usage details whenever you use the MOBI mobile application, including the searches you perform, the routes you interact with, the type of phone or operating system in use, etc.
- We collect your name, mobile phone number, email address and payment information when you load your MOBI account (applicable for passengers);
- We collect your name, phone number, email address and other information that you can provide when using the “Comments” feature in the “Settings” option.
2. How do we use your information?
We may use the information collected or provided by the user for the following purposes:
- Provide relevant transportation information for services nearby;
- Understand your preferences so that we can personalize the MOBI mobile application for the user, for example, recommending personalized transport options;
- Assess the use of the MOBI mobile application, including the use of specific features and visualizations;
- Manage real-time location data for MOBI vehicles and transmit the vehicle’s location and estimated arrival times to other users;
- Develop and improve the MOBI mobile application based on your comments and interactions;
- Guide product development and create new resources;
- Conduct research on the habits of users and how they use public transport;
- Identify and correct bugs and other problems with the MOBI mobile application;
- Respond to your emails and help with support queries;
- Subject to your consent, keep you informed periodically about the latest announcements and additional information;
- Comply with the law, regulations and legal requests or requests.
3. User Options
The following are some examples of your options regarding the collection, use and disclosure of your information:
- The user will be able to interrupt all the collection of location data easily and at any time, by disabling location services in the settings of his device or by uninstalling the MOBI mobile application;
- The user does not need to indicate any preferences (including the configuration of his home and business address) to use the MOBI mobile application, as these are optional;
- The user will be able to provide anonymous comments using an email account that does not reveal his identity and does not include his name.
4. Disclosure of information to third parties
We will not disclose your information to third parties without your explicit consent, except for the following purposes:
- If you request assistance with the use of the MOBI mobile application, we may share this request, including your contact information, with third parties directly involved in the problem (for example, if you inform us by email that certain MOBI schedules in the application are out of date , and we forward this message to the corresponding MOBI team);
- In the event that we are required to comply with applicable laws and regulations, legal requests or requests or if permitted by law (for example, protecting and defending our rights, life-threatening situation, health or safety, etc.);
- We also disclose anonymous and aggregated information to certain third parties for research, product development or other business purposes. For example, we can share information with MOBI teams to help them analyze and improve their services.
Note: MOBI does not sell or share users ‘personal data with third parties for direct marketing purposes, except with the users’ consent.
5. Security safeguards
We are committed to protecting your information and take reasonable physical, organizational and technical measures to protect your information from unauthorized access, use, disclosure, modification or destruction.
These safeguards include, but are not limited to:
- Storage on secure servers;
- Encryption of communication channels;
- Limited access to employees and service providers as needed;
- While we make great efforts to protect your information, no security system can prevent all potential security breaches or be immune from any irregularities or malfunctions.
6. Information about under age
We do not knowingly collect, use or disclose information from children under the age of 13.
If we learn that we collect information from a child under the age of 13 without first receiving parental consent, we will take the necessary steps to delete that information within a reasonable time. If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 13 has provided us with information, please contact us and we will take the necessary steps to delete that information within a reasonable time.
7. Contact information
8. Data collection and information
- Device data: We may collect data about devices used to access our services, including hardware models, IP address of the device, operating systems for the respective versions, software, preferred languages, unique device identifiers, advertising identifiers, serial numbers, device movement data and mobile network data.
Data from other sources:
- User opinions, such as ratings, opinions or praise;
- Users who participate in our referral programs. For example, when a user recommends another person, we receive the personal data of the recommended person through that user;
- Suppliers that help us verify identity, background information and eligibility for users to work, for regulatory, security and protection purposes;
- MOBI can combine the data collected from these sources with the data it has in its possession.
9. Security and protection
We use personal data to help preserve the security, protection and integrity of our services and users. These include:
- Check users, drivers and other partners, before allowing them to use our services and, subsequently, at intervals, including through the analysis of background checks when permitted by law, to prevent the use of our services by drivers and users who are safe;
- Use data from devices, drivers or passengers to help identify behavior, those driving risks such as speeding or hard braking and acceleration, and to inform them of safer driving practices. We also use data from devices to check the type of vehicle they use;
- Use data from location, profile and usage devices, among others, to prevent, detect and combat fraud or risk activities.
- Use user ratings and reviews to promote compliance with our community guidelines and as a basis for disabling drivers and other partners with low ratings or who have violated the standards set by MOBI.
10. Customer support
MOBI uses the information it collects (including recordings of customer support calls from which the user has been informed and for which he has given his consent), to provide customer support, including for:
- Forward doubts to the appropriate customer support member;
- Analyze and answer users’ questions;
- Monitor and improve our processes and our customer support responses.
11. Legal requirements and procedures
We may use the personal data we collect to analyze, respond to complaints, disputes related to the use of MOBI’s services, as otherwise permitted by applicable law, or as requested by regulatory authorities and official inquiries.